Barengi Gadjin Land Council (‘BGLC’) is recruiting a Media and Communications Manager.
The Media and Communications Manager is a strategic thinker who will work collaboratively across the organisation to build the reputation and profile of Barengi Gadjin Land Council Aboriginal Corporation (BGLC) to establish BGLC’s as a sustainable aboriginal corporation within the Grampians, Wimmera and Mallee Regions on all matters concerning Native Title, cultural heritage and land, water and natural resource management.
The role is responsible for establishing and implementing communications strategies, services, products, tools and advice for external and internal stakeholders. This includes; media, marketing/public relations, social media, event management, community engagement programs communications to meet business objectives. You will report directly to the CEO.
The Manager will be responsible for providing HR solutions and thought leadership to ensure the long and short-term objectives of the business are met. They will assist management with performance review process and arrange staff training where necessary as well as undertake administrative duties as required.
What we are looking for
You will ideally possess:
• Extensive experience in journalism, media, social media, public relations, strategic communications, brand marketing and professional communications ideally gained in community organisations.
• Involvement in programs that demonstrate an understanding of the communication values of the Wotjobaluk nations.
• Extensive program and project communications experience
• Extensive experience in event management
• Excellent networker with strong internal and external communications knowledge and skills
• Ability to build stories and narratives that are engaging and informative
• Experience in providing advice to senior stakeholders in a sensitive, complex environment
• Friendly, team orientated and able to work independently in line with corporate requirements.
A current Victorian Driver’s Licence, Police Check and Working With Children’s Check are essential for this role.
Closing date for applications is 14 July 2021.
Barengi Gadjin Land Council was established in 2005 following a Federal Court Native Title determination recognising the Wotjobaluk, Jaadwa, Jadawadjali, Wergaia and Jupagulk Peoples as the Traditional Owners of parts of the Wimmera and Southern Mallee. BGLC is also a Registered Aboriginal Party under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006 (Vic) and works in partnership with government agencies and strategic partners to deliver outcomes for Traditional Owners.
Apply Now here