Barengi Gadjin Land Council Aboriginal Corporation (BGLC) is the representative organisation of the Wotjobaluk, Jaadwa, Jadawadjali, Wergaia & Jupagalk Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Western Victoria. BGLC has responsibilities to ensure that the aspirations and expectations of Traditional Owners can be met in the redevelopment of the BGLC Native Nursery business operation at Wail.
BGLC is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person, with experience and qualifications in wholesale production nursery management and demonstrates ability and experience in:
· Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team and to be a team leader.
· Excellent plant knowledge and passion to learn more
· Supervision of nursery staff
· Organisational skills and ability to generate work schedules
· Co-ordinating & executing tasks related to production goals
· Be able to coordinate potting and contract grows to meet market
· Ability to liaise with Management team to meet orders
· Knowledge and management of pests and diseases
· Experience with Irrigation systems/water scheduling
· Ability to coordinate dispatch
· To ensure the highest quality standards are maintained for all plant stock.
· Quality control and plant production to NATSPEC standards
· Experience with OW&S policy and procedures
· Strong communication skills.
· Chemcert (AQF3) or above
· Have a hands-on approach to your work
· Ability to work in all weather conditions
· Physically fit and active
Why join BGLC’s Native Nursery
BGLC employees enjoy a range of benefits, as a Public Benevolent Institute, BGLC can offer above-Award remuneration packages, industry training, career development opportunities and a supportive, vibrant work environment.
To apply and/or download a copy of the position description click here.